Our recommendation for a potentially life-saving bleed control kit.
- Effective products – easily used by the public
- Organised, easily accessible bag
- Hi-Visibility red fabric and clear labels for rapid identification
- Compatible with our bleed cabinets which provide additional protection and visibility for your kit
- Lightweight construction, grab handle, and belt loop make the kit easily portable
With response times and speed of treatment being paramount to increasing the chances of saving a life due to catastrophic blood loss or hemorrhage, the Daniel Baird Bleed Control Kit is designed to help control and stop severe bleeding.
The Daniel Baird Foundation Bleed Control Kit was developed by West Midlands Ambulance Service, leading consultants from the Trauma Network and the Daniel Baird Foundation to provide a kit of medical equipment that can be easily used by the public but can also control a catastrophic bleed. The kits are widely used across the country and have been used on several occasions to save a patients life.
- Large Trauma Dressing – Designed to control moderate bleeding
- Celox Gauze – A haemostatic gauze dressing that is very effective, designed to control moderate to very severe haemorrhage
- Fox Seal Chest Seal – An innovative dressing for emergency management of penetrating chest wounds
- Tactical Mechanical Tourniquet – Easy to use tourniquet for stopping the flow of blood to the arms or legs
- 2 pairs of disposable Gloves – Personal protection
- Scissors – Emergency sheers for quickly and effectively removing clothes
- Emergency Foil Blanket – keeps patient warm and protected from the elements
- CPR Face Mask – If CPR is required the face shield protects the user
- Marker Pen – Used to note the time a tourniquet is applied – this is important when a hospital come to remove it later
A flexible solution
Whilst ideally suited to be kept in our Emergency Bleed Control Cabinets and Joint Defibrillator and Bleed Control Cabinets, the pack is lightweight, allowing it to be attached to personnel, hung up, or kept within vehicles, with high visibility red colouring, allowing for rapid identification. It includes basic instructions for the lay person to have a straightforward understanding of the equipment included, and where/how to apply. This catastrophic bleed kit is a vital part of any comprehensive, public-use first aid kit.
Whether an injury is sustained from an accident or an attack, if there is blood loss, it is vital that it is brought under control as quickly as possible to prevent an individual from bleeding out. Identifying where the blood loss is coming from and treating the area to try and control the loss of blood before the emergency services arrive could potentially save the person’s life. If a person suffers an injury from a car accident, they will likely have sustained injuries that cause blood loss. If left untreated until paramedics arrive, the individual could lose their life, depending on the severity of the blood loss.
First aid bleed kits are also vitally important when it comes to people who have sustained a knife attack. Stab wounds can cause catastrophic blood loss, but having an emergency bleeding control kit on hand can help control the blood loss. Bleeding control kits and stab kits are lightweight and portable. While it is recommended to store them in strategically located emergency bleed control cabinets, they can also be attached to personnel or kept in a car so they are quickly accessible when the need for a stop-bleeding kit arises.
About The Daniel Baird Foundation
The Daniel Baird Foundation has been established in memory of Daniel Baird. Daniel was just 26 years of age when he was fatally stabbed in Birmingham in July 2017, following a night out with friends, in an area where no bleed control kit or trauma pack was at hand to use. The family of Daniel Baird believe that, had there been a publicly accessible bleed control pack available, Daniel’s life may not have been cut so short.
If you are unsure whether this is the right bleed kit for you, please contact us to discuss your options.
Dimensions: 23 x 18 x 8 cm